NEET 2016, 2017 MBBS Medical Test and exam dates for students after 12th who recently studied with subject PCB, here are some important dates.
NEET 2017 or 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
NEET Exam Dates 2016 and 2017
Here are some important dates for exams.
|Events of NEET||Dates (Tentative)|
|Starts of online registration||3rd week of December 2016|
|Last date of online registration (without late fee)||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date of online registration (with late fee)||2nd week of February 2017|
|Form Correction Date||During March 2017|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||1st week of April 2017|
|Date of Examination||1st week of May 2017|
|Display of Answer Key||3rd week of May 2017|
|Display of OMR Sheet||4th Week of May 2017|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2017|
The authority (CBSE) will officially announce the NEET 2017 examination dates.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
You can check detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017 here.
Seat reservation for different categories is given here:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|OBC–Non Creamy Layer||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% seats (on horizontal basis)|
NEET 2017 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process.
- The NEET Application Form 2017 will be available from the third week of December 2016.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions.
- After filling the application form, candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
The application fee payment can be done through online and offline process:
- Online process: Candidates can pay the fee through credit/debit card using online payment gateway.
- Offline process: Payment can be made through the bank challan.
The application fee for NEET exam is mentioned below:
|Fee||Without late fee||With late fee|
|For OBC/General||Rs.1400/-||Rs.2800/- (Rs.1400 + 1400)|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/-||Rs.2150/- (Rs.750 + 1400)|
NEET Exam Pattern
The examination will be held on first week of May 2017. The exam pattern is given below:
- Courses: It is held for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: The question paper will be available in 8 languages namely English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will organize the counselling for 15% All India Quota through online mode. Admissions to students will be given as per the ranks scored by them in the entrance examination. Counselling for state quota, central institutions and universities or many others will be organized by their respective counselling authorities. In counselling process, students will be required to choose the colleges as per their choices. Seats will be allotted to students as per choices filled by them and availability of seats.